Mounting Kit for SteamVR Base Station 2.0
Wall bracket for Base Station 2.0
This kit allows you to install your SteamVR 2.0 Base Station on the ceiling or wall :
- Install the base station using this additional mounting kit
- Mark on your wall the place where you want to install the bracket, then screw it in place
- Rotate the base station and screw it onto the threaded joint until it is stable and correctly aligned
- Tighten the wing nut to secure the base station
- Multiple adjustment and inclination for perfect tracking of movements in room scale
Delivery to your door / Pickup Points
100% Secure (PayPal, CC, AMEX, iDEAL...)
Installation of a SteamVR 2.0 base station
Before installing the base stations, first decide on the room-scale layout of the playground.
- Mount the cameras diagonally at opposite corners of your room close to power sockets (mains supply).
- Adjust the position and orientation of the base stations using the ball-and-socket joints integrated in the mounting kit.
- Connect the cables to the cameras and plug in the power supply, your playground is ready.
Important: Avoid installing base stations on unstable areas or vibration-sensitive surfaces as much as possible.
In the box
- (2) support with ball joint
- (4) screws
Make sure your base station is aimed directly at the centre of the playing area and ensure that nothing obstructs the camera's view. You will need :
- A screwdriver
- A drill
- A mounting kit included on this page (plugs and screws provided)
Prepare the wall mount
Unscrew and remove the socket and ball from the wall plate.
Prepare the wall
Hold the wall plate to the wall at the desired mounting location and then with a pencil, mark the drilling locations through the holes.
Using a 6mm drill bit, drill a hole in the wall at the previously marked locations.
Place the dowels
Place the dowels in the holes if you have drilled into a drywall.
Align the holes in the wall plate with the drilled holes, using a Phillips screwdriver, screw the wall plate to the wall.
Prepare the base station
Screw the ball joint to the back or bottom of the base station. Connect the power cable to the back of the camera and then screw the head (socket and ball) into the wall mount.
Finally, point your base station towards your play area.